Sunday, June 08, 2008

Much anticipated update.....for my millions of readers! ha!

Well, I hate that I haven't had any time to update. Mainly because that means that my post are always long. I'm going to try and only give the major details to prevent that from happening. So here goes...

First let me say that I am actually writing this from Dallas. I made the trip back for Karley's graduation which was yesterday. It has been such a great visit. It still feels like this is my second home. It's weird because the way I used to feel when I would go back to Bama for a visit, is how it feels here now. I'm leaving in the morning at 6:30am :'( so that I can make it back in time for work.

So now that I have mentioned work, I'll go ahead and say that I love my job! It is such a blessing. I love the people I work with and actually look forward to going everyday. The job itself is crazy busy though. The other day I got to work and had 23 emails and 8 phone messages waiting on me. That was a bit overwhelming. I am the Home Team Cordinator for one of the teams out on the road. My team is the team that travels to the beaches to do the SL Camps there. They have five beach camps and four regular youth camps. The youth camps are scattered out in various states all over.

This past week was more overwhelming than any I have had so far. Our camp in Daytona is in July, but everything for that camp was due on Monday. So that means that I had youth ministers calling needing to know what they need to have in and then once they found out they began sending in their rooming list and other forms. Part of my job is to enter all of these rooming list into our system. The stressful part is that Daytona has almost 7000 people attending! So now you see where the overwhelming part comes in. But the great news is that I got all of the list entered in that we have so far. That is huge because I am not way behind. I did have help from several co-workers though! It's so fun to talk to the different minsters all over the U.S. I've even had a couple that I actually know.

I started my last three classes last week. They are all online. I have also submitted my graduation application since the last time I wrote. That was a surreal moment for me.

Living at home is going way better than I ever could have expected. I am really enjoying getting to spend time with my family. However, with working from 8:30-5 I don't have a ton of spare time. I have had something going on every weekend since I've been home, so I'm looking forward to things slowing down a bit (but I don't know if that's ever really going to happen).

So seriously....life is going good! God has blessed me!

1 comment:

beth spray said...

i was waiting for an update!!! glad to know sl is going so well! enjoy it!!