Wednesday, October 01, 2008

No news isn't good news!

Whoever made up the saying "no news is good news" obviously was NOT trying to find a job!  I have nothing to share with anyone, because as of 3pm today I am currently without a job.  Ugh!!!!!  So frustrating!  
And it's not because I'm not trying.  The only explanation I have is that God just has a different plan.  And I am definitely stepping outside of the box and just applying for things that I never thought I would!

Funny Story:  Yesterday I was looking on monster.com and came across this add:

DANCERS Needed for
Source:The Birmingham News Employment Ads
Employer:
SAMMYS GO GO
Location:Birmingham, AL United States
Last Updated:09/28/2008
Please see Job Details for Apply instructions.
Job Description
DANCERS Needed for Dayshift Apply at Sammy's 342 Valley Avenue.

I emailed my dad to ask him what he thought.  He said I should just check and see about the money. ha!  I mean, I was praying that I could get a good job working the dayshift.?.?  And Sammy's is the "classy" strip club in B'ham...... but I guess I'm not that desperate yet ;) And I don't think it was really from the Lord.

Ok, I'm going to get back to work finding me a real job.  It's looking like I might substitute teach some until something else comes up.  It's not bad money and I will save a ton in gas!

Keep Praying!!!!

2 comments:

beth spray said...

can i just say i laughed out loud at the sammy's ad!!! so sorry you are having a hard time finding what your are supposed to be doing, but i trust that you will find exactly what He has for you in His timing!! in the meantime - i would recommend sub-ing not stripping:0)

Jamie Ainsworth said...

You know, friend, we're not really so different in where we are right now. I'll be a mom in May and everything that can plague me worry-wise is doing so (even more than normal). I have NO idea how a couple things are going to work out, and I'm scared to death. A new worry pops up every day, shoot, every HOUR. Subbing is great; David loved it and ultimately helped him decide he wants to go to school for teaching. But he still has to get through his Bachelor's; talk about stress for me. He does have a job, but it's just not the security and benefits teaching would provide. I'd love to fastforward sometimes about 3-4 years, him be done with school, us more settled, etc. Sorry, didn't mean to write a book. Just wanted to say that as much as we say we understand (and really don't), I honestly feel like I do---to some degree. Okay, bye, friend. Let me know if I can help. Praying for you!