Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slacker

I've been quite the slacker recently when it comes to posting.  And I failed in my attempt to take pictures this past weekend.  I need new batteries for my camera and I just haven't gotten them yet.  

Here is a picture for you though...
That my friends is poison oak.  I know the picture is awkward but I was trying to avoid getting the rest of my body in it.  Let's just say I got ready in about 10 mins this morning.  I also have the poison on my neck.  Hopefully it is done spreading because it is itching soo bad and I don't think I can handle much more of it.

Here is a recap of my picture-less weekend.

Friday night Reid and Amber (my good friends from Dallas/Memphis) came into town.  They were on there way back to Memphis and they made a stop in B'ham.  We had so much fun!  We went to The Fish Market and ate dinner then headed over to Jackson's for their famous cookie dough egg rolls!  They are fabulous!  After dessert Amber and I stayed up until 1 catching up my guilty pleasures of Grey's and Private Practice.
Then Saturday we had lunch and grabbed some Valentine's cupcakes and peti-fours from Edgars Bakery.  They have the best desserts!  So basically we ate the whole time they were here.

Saturday night about 20 girls went out for Valentines Day.  We had a simple dinner at Moe's (Because it's just not as fun to eat out somewhere really nice when you are buying it for yourself...) and then we went and watched "He's Just Not that Into You."

I was not to sure about the movie before because I just had not heard any really good reviews on it.  However, I loved it!  It really was so funny! 

Sunday we finished up our 2nd week of Generation Mission projects.  This is where we are going out into the community and helping senior adults and single moms with things around their house they are not able to do.  The houses we have went to so far have been sooo grateful.  This is where my poison oak came from.  Who knew poison oak existed in the winter....... not me!  

Sunday night several of my friends got together and we had a mini Rook tournament.  I am terrible at card games.  I have no luck and I refuse to conform and play the way everyone else does.  I like to have my own strategy.  One day I'm going to perfect it and everyone is going to want me to teach them how to play!

Ok, so I gave in and here is a semi pic of neck....
Trust me... the fact that you can't see the rest of me is for your own good :)

Ok, I'm off to grab some lunch.  I'll leave you with a new blog that I'm loving to read now!

www.kellyskornerblog.com

P.S.  These pictures are confirmation that I should make a few trips to the tanning bed very soon.

No comments: