Thursday, February 05, 2009

"Student Life, this is Brittany."

I have been told most of my life that I have a tendency to mumble.  I guess it's true because almost every time I answer the phone at work and tell them my name, I get "Hey Brinnie" Or "How are you today Bernie?"  Bernie?  Seriously?!?!  So I'm really working on my word pronunciation. 

On another note, have you ever been in a situation where you want something, but you know that God is telling you to wait and let him work it out.  Ugh, I hate that!  It's so hard not to take matters into your own hands.  

On another, nother note..... my driver's side door of my car has decided it doesn't want to work anymore.  If I lock it, I can't unlock from the outside.  And recently it just struggles to open at all.  So last night I got stuck in the car.  My friend was waiting on me in the cold and kept wondering why I was just sitting in my car.  He had his phone turned off so he didn't answer when I was trying to call him and tell him to come get me out!  Finally he walked over and just stared at me and yelled from outside the car, "what are you doing?"  I had to yell back, "I'm stuck."  After a few minutes of tugging at it, it finally opened.  I'm really hoping this doesn't happen out in public.  My only options will be 1) rolling down my window and asking someone else to help me 2) crawling out the passenger side door--which will not be an easy task 3) Going at it the Dukes of Hazard way where I just get in and out through the window!
Let's just hope I actually stay home long enough for my dad to take a look at it.  Several years ago I dropped a $20 bill in the slit the window rolls up and down in.  I told my dad he could keep that 20 when he finds it trying to fix the door.

I think it's a fair trade.


No comments: