Monday, May 25, 2009

Before and After

When I was getting ready to move I became a little overwhelmed by all the stuff I needed wanted. My granddaddy, who owns some storage buildings, knew I was looking for some furniture so he called me when he came across anything he thought I would use.  Basically the way the storage buildings work are when you don't pay rent for so many months, whatever is in your building becomes my granddads and he can do with it what he pleases.  Which is usually give it to us or sell it.

I call this an armoire (I just spelled that correctly without even having to look it up!) but I'm not exactly sure if that's really what it is.  When I first saw it, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm very pleased with it!

My granddad kept telling me how "nice" it was.   He was a little surprised when he came in and saw what I had done with it.  It was completely different.

Before:
Drawers
After:


Basically all I did was paint it brown.  The handles are the ones that were on it.  I just cleaned them off.
I really like the whole eclectic look when it comes to furniture/decorating.  Which is a good thing because furniture is so expensive.  All of the blogs I have on the right side of my page have been inspiring me in my decorating.  Especially this one.  It's very do it yourself.

So I went yard selling and found this lamp.  I actually got 2 of them for $5!  When I picked it up to buy it, Autumn just looked at me.  They were ugly.  I told her I had a "vision" for it.  I was actually only going to buy one because I didn't need two of them.  But the man started to bargain with me asking me "how much I was willing to give for both of them."  When I told him I didn't need them both, and started walking away he said "fine you can just have the other one."  So I walked away with 2 lamps!  I told him that means I won and I wasn't really even playing!  We went to another sale after that one where I found a shade for $.50.  It was the perfect size so I bought it too.  

Before:


After:
**The picture in the frame is one my friend brought me back from Paris.  I love it!
Basically I bought a can of $3 spray paint at Wal Mart and 1/2 a yard of fabric from Hobby Lobby that cost $4.85.  I just painted the base of the lamp and covered the shade with the fabric.  I love it!!!

And here is part of my bed.  Until I finish my headboard, it's all I'm ready to reveal :)

It's Memorial Day and I'm sitting at work :(  Also, I think I have pink eye :/

3 comments:

Phillips said...

AWESOME JOB!!!! You have such great talent!!!Everything looks beautiful!!

Jamie Ainsworth said...

I wish I had your gift of creativity! I'm not patient enough to tackle projects like this. Great job!

Morgan said...

The stuff looks great!! I am going to have to start doing that...by the way, you good refurbish that stuff from yard sales and sell it on ebay and make some $$!! I just gave my self an idea. ;)