Friday, May 22, 2009

A little Friday randomness.

Do you ever pray for something and God answers it, but just in His way and not the way you really imagined it happening???  I'm definitely experiencing that right now in more than one way.  But His ways are better than my ways, right?  Ok, I know that is right, but it's easier said than done!
Maybe I need to be more specific in my prayers next time ;)

I'm about to leave work and go babysit some of the sweetest/cutest kids I've ever met!  I've mentioned them once before but they are foster kids that a friend of my mom's has.  I have fallen in love with these little guys (4 of them ages 5, 4, 3, and 2--And they are all siblings!) since November and it's looking like they may go back to live with their mom sometime soon. 

It breaks my heart to think about and the way the whole foster care system works is seriously outrageous.  
I thought I could be a foster parent one day, but now I'm not so sure.  Having to let them go is harder than I thought and I'm not even the foster parent.  

Here is a pic of two of them.... so precious!  See what I mean?!?!

On a happier note, I'm going to the lake for the weekend when I get done babysitting.  I'm hoping to finish this:

And do a little of this:

And just for fun, here is a picture of my dog (actually my sister's dog, but she says he's ours anytime she doesn't want to take him out or bathe him).  Can't you tell how happy he is!
And here is my nerd of a dad.... gotta love him!


And because I haven't really updated anyone on my moving status lately, I am officially moved in!  My room is slowly coming together, which is killing me!  I want it all to be done the way I want it right now...... I'm obviously not very patient when it comes to stuff like this!

Now I will leave you with a quote I just read on another blog..... it's pretty challenging!

"Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Grab life by the mane. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion." 
Mark Batterson




1 comment:

Amy Corbin said...

You'll have to check this blog/website out: www.fightforpoca.blogspot.com. It is a family in our church who just lost their foster child and it is a horrible situation. King 5, our nbc station here, has been doing lots of stories on it and they were just on the Today show last week. All the links are on the blog. I can definitely understand the pain though that your moms friend is going through! I will be praying for them!