Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Have you ever come to a place where you feel like the Lord is constantly showing you things about yourself?  I'm definitely there right now.  Unfortunetly, for now it seems like I'm starting to see a lot of areas that I didn't have as "together" as I would have liked to thought I did.  I guess the only way you learn these things is by being thrown/placed in situations that force you to take a good hard look at yourself. 
I'm hoping in the long run, this is a good place to be.  But for now, figuring out things I really need to work on = not the most fun I've ever had.

Last week, Matt Chandler (the pastor of the church I went to my last year in Dallas) had one of these kind of moments.  On Thanksgiving he had a seizure which ended up being the symptom of a brain tumor.  This is definitely one of those situations you hope you never find yourself in any part of (the person actually going through it, the wife/husband of this person, the friend, the family member, the child, etc). 
One day while I was feeding my blogging addiction, I read his wife's blog.  She didn't say anything hugely profound, but to me there just seemed to be such faith in everything she had written.  Then I clicked on a link to his blog.  He had written several things he was thankful for- one being his wife.  He quoted some of Proverbs 31.  This verse stuck out to me the most:
Proverbs 31:25
"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."

I don't know if I will ever be at a place where I "laugh at days to come." That almost seems crazy to me right now.  But I want to be at a place where I don't fear what God might be doing.  And if something happens that isn't part of my plan or I where I'm facing adversity, I don't just fall apart.  You can see from some of my past blog posts, that this is definitely a process in the making.  But I am finally at the place where I am grateful for the experiences I have had- both the good and what I would consider the bad.  But I have such a long way to go. 

After I started typing this post, I saw this.

No comments: