Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Growing Up 101

So I had an interview this morning.  It's funny to interview with people you already know.  It's so serious!  Everyone was asking me how it went.  I don't ever know how to answer that question.  I was completely myself and was totally honest.  So if I don't get it, I know that God has a different plan for my life and for the job I applied for.  I can honestly say that I have complete peace about it.  

The only problem is that I tend to get emotional when I talk about what God has done/is doing in my life.  It's just more than I ever imagined and I can really see His hand on everything.  It's a good emotion!  But sometimes it becomes a problem when the tears are falling and I'm supposed to be having successful conversation!  It tends to get in the way when I'm trying to think clearly.

Luckily today, I wasn't too emotional.  Just got a little teary at the end of the interview when my current bosses began to pray for me.  (By the way.... how awesome is it to work in an environment where your boss actually cares about you as an individual!  I love that!)  So once again......... now I wait.

On another note, I had lunch with all of my best friends from high school today plus my cousin (who has and always will be a BFF).  We looked like such grown ups, just coming in on our lunch breaks to meet for lunch!  

Courtney (who I have grown up with my entire life) finally set a wedding date!  I'm so excited for her!  She and Zach will be getting married on May 9, 2009!  Let the wedding fun begin!

Just a story for fun:  At the last wedding I was in, a girl asked me about how many weddings I had been in and then after I told her, she compared me to the girl in 27 Dresses!  Ahhh!  Thanks hunny!

P.S. It's no where near 27!

No comments: