Monday, July 21, 2008

A nothing to do weekend! Plus a quick update..

Well finally I had a weekend where I just stayed home and did nothing!  It was fabulous!  Friday night I kept some friends' kids.  Although I wasn't just sitting at home, I had some time to sit and watch a movie after the kids went to bed. 
Then Saturday I really slept in.  After waking up late, I sat around and watched movies until Saturday afternoon.  Then, I did get up and clean for a little while.  After cleaning I went and hung out with some of the college girls.  We had a blast!  I'm loving getting to hang out with people my own age again.  It's been quite awhile.  
Sunday was church and then we had a pool party with the college girls.  (FYI:  I still am going to the "Young Professionals" Sunday school class, but I have friends in the college too.)  We just ate and laid out all afternoon.  It was great!
Then after the party, I headed home and took a nap.  Wow!  What a fabulous weekend!

I'm finally starting to find my place back at church.  It was really awkward for me when I first got back home.  I just didn't know where or how I was going to fit in.  Everything was SOOO different from when I left.  But I'm loving it now!  

On a different note..... summer is coming to an end (Very quickly!) which means that my job at Student Life is coming to an end.  I'm praying through a lot of things.  I honestly do not have a clear direction yet.  I'm just walking through doors until God chooses to close them.  (Some of these "doors" are quite random I will say!)  I guess I will just see where that takes me.  God has ALWAYS provided for me.  Never in the timing I want, but always in HIS timing.  So I'm just waiting at this point.  
I'm excited about when I finally do get to update on what I will be doing!

Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

No comments: