Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bottoms up!

A few weeks ago the Osborn's (which is the/my family from Dallas that I lived with--- I claim them as my own now!) made the long journey from Dallas to Alabama for a visit.  We have been planning this trip since last summer and finally it happened!

They got here on a Thursday night and we went straight to eat.  They love mexican food so we hit up El Carraton (the local Mexican resturant where EVERYONE goes).  I wanted them to experience the white cheese dip/queso we have here in Alabama!  And for those who don't care for it (.....Tim and Amy), they loved it!

After dinner we went to The Generation (our college/singles service at church).  It was so cool for them to meet people I have been telling them about for the last three years.  I felt like they finally got to step into my life a little bit.  It's still crazy to think that three years ago I didn't k
now these people even existed.  And then I live with them for three years and now they come and spend a week with my family.  

Everyone just thinks it would be awkward.  And let me just say that there is no awkward
ness at all!  My family gets a long great with them!  They have a daughter, Karley, who is a year older than my sister.  Cassie and Karley get along great too!  It's just amazing what God can do!
After the service we went straight to the lake.  We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and doing nothing.  It was so fun and relaxing.  

The only bad thing is what happened on Friday.  I talked everyone into jumping off of this rock that is at the lake (see below).  That's us after climbing up there.  It sounded like a good idea at the time.  Even though it did take me about 20 minutes to get the courage to actually jump.  
Everyone kept telling me to just jump with my legs closed (sorry if that's TMI).  So that was my focus.  Well unfortunetly, I jumped (with legs closed) but landed wrong on my rear.  I felt the pain instantly.  After that my booty was in pain.  I felt like someone kicked me really hard on the tail bone.  I could hardly walk for two days and thought I was going to cry every time I had to stand up after that. Karley has a picture of me holding my rear end at dinner that night.  It was so painful!

The bad thing is that it has been two and a half weeks and I'm still in pain!  Not as much as I was, but when I sit down.... ouch!  I think I have internal bruising!  Probably not, but I know now that I have nothing left to prove.  That rock owned me!  And that was the first and last of my rock jumping career.
P.S.  The Osborns' stayed until Monday and then headed back to Dallas.  The weekend was great!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

where is your update missy!