Thursday, August 14, 2008

I forgot...

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that my sister started the first day of her senior year of high school!  Seriously?!?!  That is crazy to me.  And it's a great thing around our house.... for the past year she has been counting down to this day!  I'm about tired of hearing about it.  The only other things left for this year to mark off of her countdown list are 1.) to have her Senior picture hung above the piano next to mine (this must represent something big to her because the count down has been on for several years now!) and 2.) to graduate.

She and I only went to the same school for one year.  She was in Kindergarten and I was in the 6th grade.  I was teasing her yesterday about that year.  Basically she cried everyday for the first half.  And not just crying and then getting over it.  She cried pretty much the entire day.  I would have to run if she ever saw me in the hall.  

It got to the point that I would cry because I was always late to class and it was just sad.  Her poor teacher would meet me at the door everyday and try to pry her loose from my legs.  My parents finally told her that she had to sit with her own class in the gym (before school started everyone would wait in the gym to go to their own classes).  It was so sad.... I couldn't look in her direction because she would be sitting there with tears coming down her cheeks.  Ahhh, break my heart!  (And she wonders why I'm "motherly" sometimes!)

We never found out why she cried like that but after Christmas (and me crying to my mom and telling her I couldn't ride the bus anymore and she would have to take Cassie to school and deal with it!), she just got over it!  She never cried again after Christmas break.  Praise the Lord!  My 12 year old heart just had all it could take!

So now she has one year left.  Be praying for her!  She has potential to do big things!!!  And I can't wait to see how God uses her!!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

sniff sniff...so sweet. my brother just started high school. weird

Anonymous said...

What a sweet big sister!! She's so fortunate to have you :)