Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lunch with the girls!

I just got back from having lunch with some of my best friends.  All of these girls just happen to be girls I went to high school with.  I love that we still get together and keep up with each other.  I have great memories from high school and sometimes wish I could just re-live a Friday night or two with these lovely ladies!  We seriously had so much fun!  But it's so neat to see where we all are now and where we all are headed!  Many of us have moved off and came back, but through all of it we have always made the effort to keep in touch.  I have a feeling that we will still be doing lunch/dinner years from now!

On another note, I'm heading to the beach tomorrow.  Please pray that hurricane Gustav will die down, never to return!  The Generation (our college and singles service at church) is going to the beach.  So basically we will have 150-200 people averaging from ages 18-33 all together at the beach worshipping God and having lots of fun!  I'm so excited!  I flew home from Dallas last year and attended this same event, but I was at such a weird place in life, that I didn't really get to enjoy it.  

Eventually I'm going to do a post from this past weekend.  It was quite eventful........ several of us went Salsa dancing!  It was so hilariously funny!  

Basically I learned that as long as you move your hips and do it confidently, no one will really know if you can Salsa or not.  And just because you have rhythm and can dance, doesn't mean you can Salsa!  

Here is a sneak peak.... please notice the people in the background..... we were definitely the minorities (despite my friend Young in the front!).  I don't think I have ever experienced that much sweat in my life!   Sorry if that's T.M.I.

No comments: