Saturday, November 22, 2008

Can I get a "WOOT WOOT!!!!!"

I have great news! I have a job! It's not what I was really thinking would come, but at this point I'm over the moon with excitement! Here's the story:

I checked my email earlier this week and had an email from my old boss at Student Life. Basically the summer months, along with December and January are very busy times around the Student Life office. She was asking me if I might could come in and help her out some during these next few weeks. But she wasn't 100% sure she would need someone. I told her yes and thought I might hear from her in a few weeks. Then a few days later I got an email from another girl in another department at Student Life. She basically asked me if I had a job yet and if I would be interested in coming and working in their department. Once again I said yes and we made plans for me to meet with them on Friday (yesterday) to discuss my schedule.

So I went in and met with the two girls I would be working under. Then I asked how lmany months/weeks she would need me. Well she told me it wasn't just a temporary job. They need me all the time! I instantly felt as if a huge burden was lifted off of my shoulders!

The job isn't full time, but it is about 30 hours a week. Which is actually perfect because there are so many other things I have gotten my hands into over the past month or so. God has taken care of my insurance and I'm not having to worry about that, which everyone knows is such a huge blessing! It's also going to work with my Children's Hospital Volunteer Schedule!

See I told y'all it would all work out! No need to worry ;) haha!

I have such a peace about this whole thing. The timing is perfect. I wasn't sure what I was going to do about the holidays. They are such an expensive time. It also takes so much pressure off about finding another job. I know I still need a full time job eventually, but now I do not have to be in a hurry. I think it was getting to the point that I would have taken the first job that became available no matter what it was. The only negative is the job is about 25 to 30 minutes from my house. This summer I spent a ton of money in gas, but now that gas has gone down so much, I'm not as worried. And I do LOVE working on that side of town!

So enough about that.... I have one more thing to share. On my last post I told y'all about my new driving rule of not going over 2RPM's. Well, the other night I was on my way home with my mom and a police pulled out behind me. I was going up a very large hill and I refused to go fast just because he was behind me. Well he ended up pulling me over, I guess because I looked suspicious driving about 20 when the speed limit was 55. My mom tried to encourage me to drive faster, but I was willing to risk it.

When he walked up to the window he asked me if I was nervous. My response was "because I was driving so slow?" He said yes and that I got in the other lane a little. I told him I just didn't go over 2RPMs and I'm not sure why I was in the other lane. His conclusion, "You must have just gotten policidice" (not sure about spelling). I guess when my mom told him we had been at church, he knew we couldn't be that big of a threat. He probably just thought I was crazy.

But anyways, I thought I was hilarious that he pulled me over for going too slow! I think the Morris police need some more excitement in their town!

1 comment:

The Lipman's said...

congrats lady! i couldn't be more excited for you! :)