Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home Improvement.

So this was one of the things on my to-do list this past weekend.

I documented the process.....

This was the problem (not really a problem, but just a plain boring wall)


I saw something on the Oxygen show "Tori and Dean." I know it's not a great show, but for some reason I like them.  Anyways, it triggered an idea. 

So.... I went to the thrift store and bought 7 of these:


(Old picture frames.  All of them are different.)

Then I bought some spray paint and painted them.

I broke several pieces of glass when I was trying to take them apart to paint them, so now I have to go and buy a few more frames just for the glass.  But they were only $1 each , so I think I can spare it.




These are a few of them after I painted them.  It was raining the day I did it, but I was determined to make it happen that day.



I was going to do 8x10 pictures but they are were more expensive than I really wanted to pay, so I had 5x7's printed out and got mats for them at Hobby Lobby (It endede up looking way better than the 8x10's).

The mats were white, so I just bought paint and painted them (Our den furniture is blue and brown).



While the mats dried, I hung the frames.



Then I added the mats and pictures.



A few of the frames



I acutally didn't paint this frame.  I just put it in the center and left it as is.





I'm pretty excited about the way it all turned out. 

In this picture, there is a frame missing on the bottom.  I accidently knocked it off of the wall and it shattered.  I guess that's what you get when you only pay a dollar for it.  I went and bought another frame today and tried painting it tonight......but I broke the spray thing off the top of the can so I can't paint it until I get a new can of paint :(  How I always manage to do stuff like that, I'll never know!
I actually painted it with a different can of paint I had and debated repainting all of them that color but opted to just wait.


I'm going to get ready for bed now.  My alarm is set for 5am.

8 comments:

Kallie said...

Your wall looks adorable!!! Great job :)

Phillips said...

love it SOOO Cute!!! I need you to come to Vancouver when we move to help me decorate :)

Maggie said...

That looks so good. I need to do something down our long hall and I think I may just steal your idea!

Belinda said...

I love the frames. You did a beautiful job... and you made it seem so easy and quick. Thanks for the idea.

The Lipman's said...

LOVE IT! Super cute!!!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

This is SO cute!! I love it!!

Thivaskar said...

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed---www.thivaskar.blogspot.com this where you can find how to green and save the world and you

Jessica said...

that is awesome! I am totally doing that (whenever I get my own house- ha!)

[I saw your post on another post via Kelly's show us your life and decided to check out your blog! i have been trying to find some more 20 something singles- ha i feel like all the blogs I read are of families!)