Thursday, January 14, 2010

FYI

I have so much to catch up on blogging wise, but just haven't felt like it.  But I wanted to post on mine and Lacy's working out...... we are still doing it.  And we are still going at 5am.  I went after work one day and hated it because I got home so late.

And..... we started training for THIS on Monday. Hopefully since I put it on here, it will hold me more accountable.  This will be a huge accomplishment for me.  I had "Finishing a 5K" on my "Bucket List" so this will definitely take care of that.

I told Lacy I am already winded just thinking about it!  And we are doing the 1/2 Marathon just in case you were wondering.  There are actually several people I know that will be doing it that day, so I think it will be fun--->;or as much fun as that can be.

Everyone kept saying that you will lose a lot of weight when you start running.  If that's the case, Lacy and I have decided we will be sporting a matching sports bra and spandex for the race :)  I'm just sorta kidding.  I talked to another friend that did it last year and she said she didn't lose that much weight, so it looks like we might need a new plan.

Just a few things I have learned since Monday:

-I am not a runner (I knew this before Monday, but I'm definitely feeling it this week.  Once in high school, we had to run suicides for cheerleading practice, somehow I finished first and you would have thought I won an Olympic Gold medal.  I was very proud.  That's about the extent of my running career though.)
-However, I can run farther than I thought I could
-Running takes a lot of self discipline
-I am way out of shape
-Old people are very encouraging.  (They are the only people at the gym in the mornings.)
-So far, it does not get easier the more you do it
-It's kind of expensive to enter these things, but you do get a "free" t-shirt- which I will wear ALL the time if when I finish it!

That's all for now.  Work has been incredibly crazy these past few weeks.  I'm hoping it will slow down soon!  I wish I could post all of the stories I have on here, but I think there may be laws or something against that.  Just know that some people are CRAZY!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I will get easier...One day you'll be running and it'll hit you that is wasn't as hard as it once was. At least that's how it was for me. I actually grew to enjoy it...I can't convince myself mow that I did actually enjoy it at the time it was fun! (I think I just liked running outside on the sidewalks in T-Town!)

The Haines said...

Running quickly took my baby weight off after Jackson!! And I was NEVER a runner before... I mean... I don't think I had ever run for any reason...ever! I did the walk/run until I was able to do mostly just running. I remember after a couple of months enjoying it and needing it like a drug! Then I got pregnant again..oh well. Good luck! you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Stef yesterday about this and that I wanted to do it! So I may see you there:0)

Unknown said...

You go girl!! You can do it. I am NOT a runner either and I have been trying to start. My goal right now is a 5K, so you are way ahead of my game. Best of luck!!

marietta said...

Hey Brittany! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I did a "running tips" post a week or so ago. It's kinda long, but has LOTS of info!

http://sheblogsar.blogspot.com/2010/01/running-tips.html