Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Something to think about.

"The area of sensitivity and tenderness in your life is probably the area where God wants you to experience your most victory, where He wants the biggest ministry to come from your life." 
-Priscilla Shirer

This was in one of the videos from my "One in a Million" bible study I was doing.  I can't help but think how many times the areas we struggle with the most (the areas "of sensitivity and tenderness") always seem to be the areas of our life we want to keep hidden from other people.  We either don't talk about it or we try and pretend like we have it all together in those areas of our life.

So many of us have amazing opportunities to minister to other people through areas we've had experience in ourselves, but for whatever reasons we come up with, we don't.

Me included.

I don't think you have to air all of your "dirty laundry" or share everything you are dealing with between you and the Lord, but I am praying that God will show me what experiences he has taken me through so that I can share them with others.

Hope that makes sense.

2 comments:

Lily Dawn said...

I have been thinking about this subject a lot recently... just about how much of your life struggles you should share and what experiences might really help others. Also, when is the right time to open up and when should u not share something...

Definitely something to pray about.=)

Lily

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing this. I agree, definitely something to pray about.