Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Busy Weekend

Friday night I got off of work and went home for a while.  Then I went over to some of my good friends house-Chris and Lacy (When I first wrote that, I accidently put "Christ and Lacy")  Lacy is my friend I run with.  We hung out and watched the Biggest Loser.  I have never gotten into that show, but this season I'm pretty much addicted to it.  Minus all of the extra skin that everyone has, the before and afters are incredible.  Very motivating and inspiring!

Saturday morning we had a mission day.  Something I haven't mentioned yet is that I'm a part of a church plant that our current College/Singles minister is getting ready to launch (September 2010).  I will have more to say on that later, but Saturday we went and did mission work in the community the new church is going to be in. 

Saturday afternoon Lacy and I ran 4 miles!  I am pretty excited about that.  I'm pretty sure that's the furthest I have ever ran in my entire life.  And... not to brag, but it was snowing.  We were feeling pretty good about ourselves.  But then the pain crept in and I had trouble walking.  But I'm doing great now!

Saturday was also my dad's 50th birthday!  My mom cooked dinner and my parents, sister, and I went bowling.  It was what we call an "FFO" (Fun Family Outing). 

Sunday night I went to a super bowl party at my friend's parents house.  They have a big theater type room so it was great to watch the game on.  And it wasn't the typical group of people I hang out with so I had fun meeting new people.  I decided to pull for the Colts, but wished I wouldn't have.  Obviously, I'm not a true fan. 

The only negative is that my roommate and I had a wreck on the way there.  She was driving.  I feel the need to point that out.  We were fine and her car was fine but the two cars infront of us were complaining with neck pain.  I really do think they were fine though.  I did jam my finger, but 2 days later and it's fine.  Saying it was jammed may be a bit of an exaggeration.

The bad part is that I got the giggles while we were sitting there waiting on the police.  I was trying to find the positive in the situation and I was cracking myself up.  Like laughing uncontrollably to the point where I was crying.  Everytime the cop came to our window I prayed that God would help me to get control of myself.  Seriously.
We were already late to our super bowl party (and we had the buns for the hamburgers, so everyone was waiting on us) so I didn't really have time for the cop to question me or Autumn and possibly take us to jail.  We were laughing so hard I don't think we could have walked a straight line.  And Autumn had cooked stuffed peppers that were now all over the back seat (part of the reason for the laughter).  We tried to save what we could so what was still edible, I was holding in my lap in an plastic football serving dish.  No cover on it or anything.
It was quite the evening.

I have pictures from the weekend that I'll post later!  For now, I have to get back to work.  It's 5:15pm and we still have patients sitting in our waiting room :(  I think it's going to be a long night.

No comments: