Monday, February 15, 2010

Yea, I did it!

Last week my friend April asked me if I wanted to run with her in a 5k they were having here in Birmingham.  Lacy (my usual running partner) was out of town so I told her I would do it.  Even though I have ran 4 miles and a 5k is only 3.1, I was still really nervous!

April registered early in the week but I kept waiting because I heard there was a chance of snow, so I really wasn't sure we would be doing it.  It did snow, but we decided to tough it out.  Because we are pretty hard core like that! ha!

This is what I woke up to on Saturday morning....... Needless to say, it was cold outside.


This was our house when we were leaving at 6am .


April and I on the way downtown.


My camera was set on a weird setting so this picture isn't very good, but this was right after we registered and got our numbers.



This was the little tag you had to wear to get your official time.  I'm still not sure how it works though.


Our friend Toni joined us too.  She waited until we were about to start to tell us she used to run track and set some records in Georgia.  What?!?!  I just told her I would see her when it was over :)
This was right before.


At the "after party."  They had tons of free food and goodies.  No idea why I look like such a spazz in this picture.


My time wasn't anything impressive.  I really just wanted to finish.  But I did run the whole time and I didn't come in last place!  Or even close to it! 

I carried my camera with me the entire time.  I took a few pictures but not anything really worth showing.  I have a huge bruise on the side of my leg where it was in my jacket pocket beating me in the side of the leg as I ran (I tied my jacket around my waist).  The camera will definitely not be tagging along again!

4 comments:

Kallie said...

congratulations! the thing on your shoe is for being able to accurately record your time. it works by having a sensor that activates it when you start the race and when you cross the finish line. on longer races, there will often be a sensor at the halfway point to make sure that no one cheats. sorry, i am a running nerd!

Kate said...

Yea!! Good for you, girl!!

Maggie said...

My sister said she saw you! Congratulations! I'm proud of you! I told my sister she was crazy...it was so cold!

mlb said...

great job Brittany!!!! That is so exciting!! :)