Monday, February 21, 2011

Finding a Routine

So I signed up for this yesterday:

I'm really nervous!  I have two friends, Cristi and Jecca, that encouraged me to do it with them.  We went and ran/walked last night.  (It's pretty sad when you have to get in shape in order to 'get in shape.')  I haven't ran in so long.  I did a little better than I thought I would, but no where near what I had been doing when I was training this time last year.  Running is NOT like riding a bike!  You don't just pick up where you left off!  Dang!  And I wish I was a natural runner that made it looked effortless.  But I'm pretty sure my face and my body scream, "This isn't easy!"
My friend Maggie has been doing it (bootcamp) for a while and she looks amazing!  So she's my current inspiration.....no pressure Maggie!

Something else I've realized is how crucial it is to be getting enough sleep.  I am a night person.  I don't always mean to be, but it seems that midnight gets here faster than I realize. So my new goal is to be in the bed by 10 on week nights.  This is going to be a HUGE challenge for me.  I think the first thing that is going to help is putting the iPhone down!  (Did I tell y'all I finally got the iPhone?)  I waste so much time on that thing!  But I was in bed at 10 last night.  I slept terrible, but that was due to the fact that I was on call for work.

I struggle with this a little, because I'm 26 and single and a blessing I have is not being on a strict schedule.  So I feel like I should be staying up late and doing random fun things while I still can.  But I have a real job that just doesn't let me be as random as I once was.  But I guess that's just part of growing up????

My little sister is hoping to have a job with Student Life this summer.  I found myself a little jealous of her wishing I could go back to those care free days where summer vacation is an actual reality and not just a past memory.

And just for fun, here are some recent pictures.  All are from my phone because apparently I don't believe in using a real camera anymore.  Or actually being in any pictures I take.

These are some cookies I made for my friend's baby shower.  It was my first attempt with royal icing.  There's a shadow, but it's an owl incase you can't tell.


These are the cupcakes.  They were so yummy! (White cake with white icing is my ultimate weakness!)
 Last night after we walked, we sat around the fire pit.  It was such a gorgeous night!
 And this is from our Valentine's Party.  We just got several girls together and had a "party" at a local Mexican resturant.  It was actually super fun!

Now I have to get back to work.  This has been my motto recently......


Happy Monday!

P.S.  We had 520 (I think that was it) at church yesterday!

No comments: