Friday, April 22, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge Week 3


I've done really well this week even though the scale didn't really show it as much.  I'm hoping it is going to all catch up at one time and I'll have a big number loss.  Also hoping I'm gaining muscle while losing some F.A.T.!

This week:  down 1.7lbs
Total:  -5lbs

A drug rep brought us these today......


The fact that they have been here for about 30 mins and I haven't indulged myself yet, is a big accomplishment in my opinion ;)  I don't think I will last much longer.


Tonight I am going to a simulcast for "Secret Church."  You can read more about it here.  It's at The Church of Brookhills here in Birmingham, but it has gotten so big that they are doing the simulcast so that more people can participate. 

This is an excerpt from the website. I thought it was pretty convicting.

"Right now, around the world, millions of Christ-followers are meeting in secret places, worshiping in hiding, practicing their faith behind closed doors. If exposed, they face prison, torture, even death. Yet their devotion to God and His Word are unwavering, even heroic. They are our brothers and sisters in Christ. We must learn to take our God as seriously as they do."

I'm really looking forward to it but also know that it lasts for up to 6 hours.  Usually it isn't over until midnight.  The fact that I'm even debating if I'll be able to make it until it's over shows how much I take for granted that I can openly learn and share God's word.

Tomorrow our church is hosting a FREE Easter Carnival.  I know some of you are from the Birmingham/Cullman area so I thought I would extend the invitation.  It's at the Cullman Fairgrounds.
I'll be there, but unfortunetly I've never met most of you so I will have no idea if you are there or not :)



This is an old ad, it is now at the fairgrounds and not Depot Park. 

Happy Easter!





2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the loss!! That cupcake looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Good job, lady!