Thursday, April 07, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge

So this is my second time to blog in the past week.... who I am right now??????  And I'm blogging from home.  I haven't blogged from home in forever!

This isn't a blog I really want to post but I decided to hook up with Maggie and some other people for what they are apparently calling the "Weight Loss Challenge." 

Never in a million years, if my life truly depended on it, will I post my real weight. NE-VER (I'm just not that brave).  But I will post how much poundage I lose.
Ugh, diets stink!  But bathing suit season is coming up.  It's only 8 weeks.  I can go hard core  (hard core may be a bit of an exaggeration.) for 8 weeks.  I already have the working out part (well sort of, I still need to add some more to that), now I just need to get serious about the dieting.  I would be much better if it wasn't for the drug reps at work bringing us lunch.  So I'm digging deep, looking for some major self control.  But if I had self control, I probably wouldn't need to diet in the first place :)  Self control and self discipline are two things I'm really trying to work on right now.
I started working on self discipline a few months ago, starting with being in bed by 10 every night.  It's currently 12:15am so I clearly have a ways to go on the self discipline.

I talked about losing weight here.  I want to lose 20lbs by the time this is over.  I think that it doable but it will be hard work.

I'm not sure how good I'll be at actually blogging about the "diet." But I'm really going to try and keep up with it so that I'll be accountable.

And why is it that when you are on a diet all you think about is food?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You live in Birmingham? I am in Cullman. Small world! Thanks for linking up. I can't wait to follow your journey.

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

I'm totally with you about ne-ver going to post my weight! I'm doing the challenge too and am your newest follower :) Cute blog! Can't wait to lose some lbs together!!

Lindsey Leigh said...

I am from Bham too and I am doing the challenge as well!!! Good luck :)

Laura said...

I adore your header!

I come by way of this very challenge and well you can do it. What is a few less calories and a little more sweat...or at least thats what I keep telling myself.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining our challenge! Weight loss IS a challenge, but it is so worth it! I'm working on my last 6 pounds now and I am always thinking about food. But it does get easier! Good luck - I'll be checking back! :)

Shannon said...

I love your header...I'm a Memphis girl myself! Good luck!

Jacquie said...

I came from the challenge as well, you can do it! I am trying to lose as well and hope I can get inspiration from you as well!!