Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vaca Day 1 and 2

Day 1: 

Sunday night the Osborn's picked me up at the airport and we went straight to dinner.  We ate at Geisha House (I'm pretty positive it's one of Ashton Kutcher's resturants).  I am not really a huge seafood fan, so it's kind of odd that I will eat some sushi.  Not a lot of it, but there are some I like.  I think that's mainly why people go here.  They had their own version of a California roll and it was so good!

Karley and I at Dinner

Keith and Ann

Day 2:
Monday was a great day!  I knew I was going to have to run while I was there, so Ann (who has been running for like 15 years) came with me.  We were staying in Santa Monica so we decided to run along the beach.  Our hotel was just up the street from the Santa Monica Pier.

We ran 5 miles and then met up with Keith and Karley at the Pier.

I didn't take this picture, but this is a picture of the whole Pier.

We really had no definite plans for the week (which I loved!), so that day we just decided to rent bicycles and ride through Santa Monica up to Venice Beach.
Venice Beach is not really somewhere I would spend tons of time, but it was fun to go.

I took this pic with my phone so it's not that great.

This is for real.  They have these everywhere.  Keith said his elbow was acting up again!



That night we went to dinner at a Mexican resturant.  Not too crazy about the Mexican food in California.  They don't have queso. 
After dinner we had dessert at Shutters on the beach.  Apparently famous people go here a lot.  But we didn't see any.

Shutters

Here is Karley and Jonathon (who happens to also be from Alabama)

And that was pretty much Day 1 and 2.

No comments: