Monday, December 29, 2008

Revelation

I had a revelation this past weekend.  Basically I realized I have been living in a bit of a bubble these past few years.  I've often referred to it as a "time in the desert."  Basically I have felt for a while that God took me to a place in my life where I was completely focused on Him.  A place that I was not comfortable with.  It was a place that was very unfamiliar.  

For a while I thought it was all about location that created this desert.  However, in the matter of 3 1/2 years, I moved back and forth from five locations.  The "desert" I felt like I was in, never went away.  I know now that it was a spiritual desert.  I needed to be there for a reason, and I needed to be away from everything I had always known in order for God to get my full attention.

He definitely got it.

I've learned so much these past few years.  I know I have talked about it a lot, but I'm still learning every day.  

This weekend I just realized that when you're in the desert, there will be a time  you will be taken out.  I'm thinking/hoping that's my time right now.  It isn't an instant thing, it's still a process that takes time.  

One thing I didn't appreciate or even understand about being in the desert is that while I was in it, God was teaching me but also protecting me.  That was why I referred to it as a bubble.  There were certain temptations and things that I just never had to deal with.  But when you aren't in the desert anymore, you aren't in that bubble either.  

Those desert moments are so bittersweet.

So that's my revelation.

No comments: