Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend Review.

Friday:  
I had lunch with some of my favorite people.  Courtney, Breanna, and Lacey.  These are some of my best friends from high school.  Courtney, Breanna, and I see each other all the time, but it is rare that we get to hang out with Lacey.  She is married and has a sweet little baby girl (and lives across town), so it's a bit harder for her to find the time.  We ate at one of my favorite places, Cocina Superior.  I love their filet tacos!  They are fab!
After lunch we walked around the mall while I searched for my gifts for the angel tree at church.  Because I haven't worked in a while, I was definitely on a budget.  I prayed before I went that I would be able to get everything I needed (two shirts and a dress for a 7 year old little girl) for $20.  But, I didn't want to have to settle and get something ugly just because I was on a budget.I wanted to find something the little girl would love!
I knew $20 would be a stretch to get all three items, but I was willing to really look and at least try.
Well..... I went to to Macy's first and found a very cute shirt.  It's short sleeved, which isn't ideal for right now, but it will be so cute with a long sleeve shirt under it and then she can wear it in the summer also.  Total cost of this purchase:  $1.67.  It was waaaayyyy marked down!  Amazing!  
Next we headed to Belk.  They are such a hit or miss place when it comes to finding the big deals and sales.  You either get it for great or you pay full price for it.  But they have great things!
With the help of my two friends, we were able to find the cutest pink shirt with different color polka dots all over it.  I wish I had the money to buy her some cute skinny jeans to go with it and some shoes.  But I know she will be precious in the shirt!  Then we had to find the dress.  Dresses are way more expensive than shirts.  And I was completely shocked to find that kids clothes are almost as expensive as adult clothing.  All of the dresses needed tights to go with them and the cheapest tights I saw were $15.  I refused and kept looking.  Finally we found a cute red dress that came with the attached tights!  2 in 1!  I love those!
Total cost of this purchase..... Cute pink shirt:  $4.27; Cute little red dress with included tights:  $13.97

Everything I bought was on major sale.
Total cost of all of the cute clothes:  $19.01---- That was awesome!  

Friday night after shopping, I did my friend Autumn (more to share about Autumn later) and her sisters hair for a Christmas party.  Then a big group of people went bowling.  I must say, my bowling has really improved over the past few years.  I have bowled a 131 and 132 the past two times I have went.

Saturday:
Saturday morning I got up and went to the Gardendale Civic Center at 7:15 for their annual Breakfast with Santa.  Basically people buy tickets and eat breakfast and then everyone has their picture with Santa and all of the kids get to make around 12 crafts to take home with them.  I volunteered to work one of the craft tables.  All of the kids were so cute and had a great time.  Their parents on the other hand, were a bit crazy!  One little kid was taking his time and perfecting his popsicle stick christmas tree while his mother is having an anxiety attack standing behind him because she was loosing her patience!  She finally grabs the sequins he is placing on the tree and says, "Just put the stupid things on there!"  Then she looked up at me and just smiled.  There were lots of inpatient parents there.

Saturday afternoon was a bit of  a sad one.  Bama finally met it's first defeat against Florida.  That's all I'm even going to say about it.  We did have a big group of people who got together to watch the game, so the fellowship was a lot of fun.

After the game a few girls went to see the movie "Four Christmases."  It was really cute.  Definitely not as good as Sweet Home Alabama, but I love Reese Witherspoon!  Seeing her with Vince Vaughn was a little weird though.

Sunday:
Sunday morning I made it to church early for the first time in a long time (not shocking to many of you!).  Sunday night was our College/Singles Christmas party so I went to Autumn's house and made snacks to take to the party.  We made sausage pin wheels and truffles.  All of the truffles I have had in the past are made with cream cheese and oreo cookies dipped in almond bark.  We did ours with german chocolate cake mixed with a tub of cream cheese icing dipped in almond bark.  They went over great with a lot of people and not so good with some.  The "texture people" didn't care for the cake/icing mixture.
After cooking for about 3 hours we went to the party.  It was a lot of fun and everyone brought so much good food.  After eating we cranked it up with some karaoke..... it was hilarious!

Tonight we are going back over to Autumn's to sort through all of the angel tree gifts that we collected so that we can deliver them on Wednesday.

No comments: