Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blessed Confession

So now that I have entered the blog world, I have become a bit addicted to it. Not so much writing on my own blog, but reading the blogs of others. I have spent an embarrassing amount of time reading these blogs!

I sit down at the computer to check those blogs of the people I actually know, and many many minutes later I catch myself reading about these people's lives that I have never even met! Most I have never even heard of! It really is embarrassing. You just start clicking on those random "blog names" on the sides of the screen and before you know it you are 10 or so clicks away from the original blog you started on.

I consider myself a people person. I love to people watch and I am a very observant person (One of the reason's psychology interest me so much). I think this is why I am so intrigued with the whole blogging world. It's almost like reading a person or family's biography. Some people have some pretty interesting lives.

Over time, I have begin to develop some "regulars." These are obviously the blogs I check pretty often. There are several blogs I have been following for a while now (Most of which are people I do not know. I just get sucked in and want to know what's happening with the specific things I have read about. And then one thing leads to another and I forget that these people are not my friends. They have no clue who I am or that I even exist......I know I'm not the only person that does this though!) Most of these are about people or families who are having some type of difficult situation in their lives. They are using the blog to keep people posted on everything that is going on. Many times they are using it as an escape to share some of their feelings.

Tonight after reading one of my "regulars," it just hit me how blessed I really am. Sometimes I let satan talk me into a pity party. I get down because my life is not as perfect as I would like for it to be. But these things I wish would change are so small compared to things that some people are struggling with. Now I do believe that God cares even about the little things, but for myself I do not want to be so consumed by these things.

A few of the blogs I have been following have mothers who have lost their babies or have a sick child, and a husband who is going through major medical problems with his wife and little girl. These people have tremendous faith! They have been such an encouragement to me. It's crazy that these people I do not even know are challenging my spiritual walk. Christ is their ultimate foundation. He is the one they are turning to. His word is what is keeping them going. I pray that I never have to go through anything that difficult, but if I ever do I pray that I will have the faith that these people have. I pray I have this kind of faith with even these things that are in my life right now!

It's crazy how God can use the internet to bring His children together like this. One of these blogs mentioned earlier has had over 3 million people who have looked at it. That many people have been praying for this man and his family. I am just in awe of that. People all over the world are praying for these people!

I'm debating putting a link to these different blogs on mine. It seems kind of weird because I don't know them. But I just think that their stories need to be shared. I think they can be such a blessing to others like they have been to me. I still haven't decided though.

2 comments:

beth spray said...

Hey Brittany -
Don't know if you remember us from TBC - but I check your blog from Sara's and I just had to laugh when I read this post! I, too am a blogaholic!! I have several that I read and upon reading your entire post -- I believe we have a few in common!! I'm guessing the one about the husband and wife and baby is confessions of a cf husband!?!?! If not, you need to go there:0) Amazing story and incredible faith!! Just had to post and say you made me laugh out loud and then remember how truly blessed we are!!! Hope Student Life is awesome!!
Beth

Kate said...

I stumbled upon your blog, not by clicking links from other blogs, but by hitting "next blog" at the top of the page. I feel compelled to stop and read some of the ones that are in English, which are few and far between. Yours immediately caught my eye with the great header. Links from my blog will take you directly to families who have lost babies (after a week, she is now an angel sister to a baby brother), babies born weighing 14 ounces (she is now 9 months old), and miracle babies who were born after mommy was told that she couldn't have a second child (me.) But what I am interested in is why are you moving from Dallas to Birmingham? I suppose I could do some more reading and find out why. I live in Birmingham and thought it was an interesting coincidence. Anyway, I hope that your move goes well. Try not to get too overwhelmed!