Thursday, April 03, 2008

So far, So good!....kind of!

So I've been trying the whole running thing this week. I have to say that I have done better than I thought I would. I have ran (I really did run too!) three out of the past four days. Monday I just had way too much stuff to do. It's actually been fun (NEVER thought I would say that!). I am having to learn how to push myself past what I think are my limits. This is hard for me. I'm not a very competitive person, so sometimes I just don't care about that kind of stuff. But I don't like to give up, so that helps.

There is one negative that is coming from this though......my lower body is killing me! My legs have been hurting since Sunday basically. And I had to work at the gym tonight (I work at Bally Total Fitness two nights a week. I work their retail department....which is basically a better way of saying I'm the smoothie girl. I make the health shakes and stuff. There isn't a whole lot of "retail" involved for me. But it has been a great experience. It's much different than the church jobs I am used to. The gym mixed with substitute teaching in public schools = eye opening experiences! And I love the people I work with!)

Ok, now back to working at the gym tonight. I am not allowed to sit down any while I am at work. So for five hours straight I am standing. When your legs are hurting before you even get to work, it doesn't make for a pleasant evening.

So I'm hoping that my body will adapt to this???? Hopefully! I really do want to do a 5k at some point. I just think it would feel like such an accomplishment!

No comments: