Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Rabbit Season

I am excited to say that today (Sunday) marked two weeks of my running! I've really been enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm no where close to where I want to be, but much farther along than I ever thought. I haven't ran every day for two weeks, but I have ran 5x both weeks.

I figured out something I want to add to my "Things I'll miss about Dallas" list.....rabbits. I know that's weird, but there are so many rabbits every where out here. Because there aren't any woods for them to run through, they are all over the neighborhoods. While I was running today I passed three just sitting on the edge of the yards. They actually let you get pretty close to them. The next thing out from hibernation will be frogs. They are ALL over the sidewalks. You seriously have to watch where you step or you might splatter one!

Because the weather is getting to be so nice, we are going to try and start walking some at night too. Ann, Karley, and I had made this a great habit last Spring, but it didn't last as long as we wanted it to because I got injured. Basically to sum up what happened, I was trying to scare Ann and jump out from behind a fence....it was dark and the fence was on a hill. So I jumped and twisted my ankle and fell down the hill. It ended up being a bad sprain that still hurts even a year later! It's a funny story now though. We had to call Keith to come pick me up in the car, even though we were probably only 50 yards away from the house!
Hopefully we can force ourselves back into this habit!

I am also happy to report that I did start cleaning out my closet this week! It wasn't much, but I organized a VERY small portion of it! I seriously have sooo much to do before May 9 (I have been telling everyone I am driving home on the 8, but I just realized it's actually the 9th. It's on a Friday). I really have to have it ready on the 7th because that's the day my mom gets here. I've been telling her that I will have everything done by the time she arrives.....I have a long way to go.

That is going to be such a crazy week! I have finals all week, then my mom gets here on Wednesday afternoon. We leave Friday to drive to B'ham and I have to be in Tuscaloosa on Saturday for my cousins graduation from Alabama. Then I start work on that Monday (May 12).

I think I decided that I'm not going to take all of my stuff home until I come back in August (for graduation). There's just too much of it and I really will not have enough time to get it all together that week.

Ok, I'm going to finish watching "Sweet Home Alabama." It's on t.v. Which by the way...Whenever I tell people out here that I love that movie I have to follow it with "but not because I'm from Alabama." They really think that! And I had this one guy tell me he wanted to go to Alabama so he could hear the song "Sweet Home Alabama" all the time. As if to think people walk around with boom boxes on their shoulders playing it on the streets. I hear that song more in Texas than I do at home!

No comments: