Saturday, April 05, 2008

Stars Game

Last night I came across some free tickets to the Dallas Stars game (hockey for those who don't know). I have never been to one of these games, and I'm trying to take advantage of every opportunity I have before I move. I'm so mad at myself for not doing more stuff sooner.
The game was a lot of fun. My friend Brittney and my new friend Ashley went with me. For those who do not know, Brittney and I met the very first week I was in Dallas (May, 2005! I can't believe it's been that long!). I flew out here for a week to work, but then had to fly back home for a friend's wedding. During that week I went to a Ranger's baseball game and met Brittney through another friend. At that point I had NO idea that I would be staying here for more than just the summer. We didn't really talk that much that day, but a few months later we were reintroduced when I figured out I was going to stay here and go to DBU. Brittney also went to DBU. It was such a God thing that she and I became friends. I knew one person at DBU before I started, so God brought Brittney and some other amazing people into my life right when I needed them!
Here are some pictures from our night....



Ashley, Brittney, and Me


This was my first hockey game to ever go to. I was really hoping to see a good fight. The most we saw was a few guys push each other. I was a little disappointed!

It's crazy that this ice rink can turn into a basketball court in just a few hours! The Mavs play here too!

So much for getting the game in the background!

No comments: