Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One click is all it takes.....

Thanks to some of you, I have become addicted to some of the blogs I have found from your websites.  I am in a very creative/decorative mood (probably because I'm getting ready to move and I have several parties coming up that I will be decorating for).  I have been surfing the web all week getting some creative inspiration.  There is so much I like, however I need lots of money to really make it all happen.  But I'm determined to accomplish the "Look for Less."   This weekend I'm hoping to make a trip to the flea market to see what kind of treasures I can find.  I also want to hit up a few thrift stores to see if they can help me with my need for furniture.  You know what they say, "One (wo)man's junk is another (wo)man's treasure."

Next week I am speaking at an event our women's ministry is hosting.  It's called "Chit- Chat and Chocolate."  Basically everyone comes in and enjoys coffee and dessert.  Then we break into small groups and several people share their testimonies.  After that we all meet back together in the sanctuary and a lady named Sherry Burgess will be speaking.   (Her husband is the host of a popular radio station in B'ham).  They have a sad but amazing testimony about their sweet little boy that died last year.  Click on her name and listen to what Sherry's husband said at their little boy's funeral--- wow!
Anyways, I will be sharing my testimony at one of the break out sessions.  I wasn't too nervous until I found out they have sold over 1000 tickets to the event.  That means there is a pretty good chance a few people will be in my room :/    

This week I am dog sitting for a friend at work.  Their dog, Marley, is a lab and golden retriver mix.  She is such a sweet dog, but is the most energetic dog I have ever seen!  She loves to play and snuggle.  I let her sleep in the bed with me (because that's what they do) and I laid my arm out beside me and she put her head on my arm right under my chin.  At one point I woke up with her body laid over my chest and her feet in the air.  I laughed so hard and even took a pic on my phone.  It was hilarious!  She just has no idea how big she is.  

I just watched the beginning of the bachelor online and cried like a baby.  The single mom from Alabama is really making her way up my favorite list (not because of where she is from either)  She is quite clear that she is ready for the commitment.  Right now I would say it's between her and the Melissa girl from Dallas.  I wish the viewers could give their opinions before the people choose.  

Here are two of my current addictions:



2 comments:

Vicki said...

I don't know if Amber told you or not, but Melissa from Dallas was on her drill team in high school. What a small world! Good luck at the flea market and thrft shops! Happy Hunting!

Anonymous said...

ive been watching the batchelor too and those two women are my top choices too..