Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baby Shower and other randomness.

This past Saturday we (our College/Singles ministry at church) hosted a baby shower for a lady in a women's shelter here in Birmingham. Autumn, my roomate, has a huge heart for this kind of stuff and she got everything together. We had cake, punch, presents, and everything else baby shower.

Some of the little girls that came to the shower. (We definitely left there way more grateful for everything we have).
The whole group with the lady we had the shower for. She was so grateful for everything.
Some of the great gifts that she got. Even though the guys didn't get to go, they gave money and gifts to help this sweet lady out.


How cute is he?


Roxy, Jenny, and I. (Jenny just moved in with me and Autumn for a month or so while she is getting ready to buy a house).

And this has nothing to do with the baby shower, but this is what I cooked for dinner tonight-Enchiladas! No idea what got into me.

And Autumn (who makes fun of me for blogging) requested that I put Rosco and Kitty on the blog.
Kitty (AKA Satan. Seriously, this cat looks nice but is very mean).
And here is Rosco. AKA: Roskee. He's quite the DIVA. If he was a real boy, he would be the one that gets made fun of on the playground and all of the other kids give him wedgees (no idea how to spell that) and push him down.
FYI: Autumn felt like a bad mother after seeing these pictures of Roskee and she trimmed the hair around his eyes..... I'm defintely not ready for a dog like I thought I was :)


1 comment:

Jamie Ainsworth said...

What a fantastic blessing for this woman! David, another 2 couples, and I have started a new young couples class at church. We want to do a great deal of missions and outreach; this is such a great idea for ministry. Glad you shared!