Monday, September 28, 2009

Catch-Up Post #1

I have a lot of bloggging to catch up on. I have seriously been working on this post for like 3 weeks. Everytime I start it I get interrupted.

So the first post is mine and Charli's trip to the Alabama vs. Arkansas game. Last year, Charli and I got tickets from her dad's boss to this game and we got lucky again this year. He has really good seats.


On the way there, the weather wasn't looking too promising. We had so much stuff to take into the game-a whole roll of trash bags so we could use them to sit on, towels, rain coats/ponchos, etc.


Here we are walking into the game. (Last year we lost our car when we came out and spent almost an hour walking around looking for it-In our defense it was really late and really dark.) It poured until right when we got in and then it stopped. It ended up being a really good day after all of the rain.

These definitely came in handy! And I'm always looking for a good excuse to wear them!



Right before the game started.


Charli and I after getting drenched from the rain.



I think it's so funny how the people you are sitting by at the games somehow become like your best friends while you are there (Even though you have never seen them before and will most likely never see them again). I felt bad for the man in front of us because 1.) He was crazy 2.)I think he really was hoping to have some really energetic people around him who were as crazy as he was.

At one point we scored and he turned around screaming and looked at Charli and I. I think he was hoping we would bump chests with him or something manly like that. We didn't though. The best part was when he is standing up raising his hands to try and have everyone else stand up with him. Everyone just kind of looked at him and kept watching the game. Then something exciting happened so we stood up for that. I looked at this man and he had a grin on his face-I really believe in his heart that he thought he was the reason all 80,000 or so people in the stadium were standing. Poor Guy! He had his son with him too. The son basically stayed facing the opposite way in a fetal position because he was so embarrassed by his crazy father.

Then the lady on the other side of me was a grandmother that had brought her little grandson with her to the game. He was probably 7 or 8. She and I talked a little but nothing meaningful. She didn't get my name or anything like that, but for some reason she trusted me to watch her grandson while she went to the bathroom. I know I'm pretty overly cautious about a lot of stuff, but I could have been a crazy too and walked out with her grandson. Maybe I have a trusting face or something.

Anyways, Alabama won and it was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

charlita said...

yaye!!! i have been waiting for this! hehehe