Wednesday, September 02, 2009

An update for the "People"

Work is going great! I still love it! Our office stays pretty busy which (in my opinion) makes for a fast day. And I love everyone I work with- that is such a huge blessing!

The other day, I had this 4 year old little boy ask me if we would be giving him a shot. I told him, no because we only take blood. We don't give shots.
He responded very confidently with "well actually..... I think I just want to keep my blood today."
Haha! So many cute kids!
On a different note, I'm getting ready to leave for the beach this weekend. The Generation is having our annual Labor Day Beach Retreat. This is the 3rd one I've been on and I love this trip!
And because every good blog post has pictures, here are some pictures of where we are staying.
San Destin Resort
The plan was to leave early Friday morning, but we are actually leaving as soon as we get off of work today. (Side note: That's one reason I'm glad I don't have kids yet. If we want to pack up and leave early for the beach, we can. We don't have to make a lot of different plans and work around schedules. No offense to the mom's out there, but I've seen what it takes to leave for a vacation with kids. It's not an easy task!)

I'm so ready for this trip. I'm excited for the whole beach aspect, but also for the worship services we have. They are always amazing! David Jett (he was on staff at Gardendale and then the pastor of the church I worked at in Memphis) will be speaking. Everyone who knows him, knows what an incredible man of God he is. I'm super pumped that he will be there!

You know when you are at the place where you just really need to hear from the Lord?...... I'm definitely there.

Hopefully I will take some pictures of the weekend. However, my camera hasn't seen the outside of my purse in over a month.

Another exciting aspect of the weekend is that Alabama football will be starting! I love getting together with everyone to watch the games!

I think that's really all of the updates for now. The Lord has been showing me A LOT lately. Hopefully I will have time to share some of that too.

Hope everyone has a Happy Labor Day!
P.S. The Herb Garden.... hasn't happened yet! haha! shocker!

No comments: