Friday, April 17, 2009

A good day so far!

Well to start this day off, I got up an hour early.  Just to clarify, it wasn't on purpose.  You are probably wondering how you manage to get up early, and not late.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  I think I was so tired I just wasn't thinking very clearly.  Once I got out of the shower and realized what time it actually was and when I had to be at work, I laid back down for a few more minutes of sleep.   That was sort of a mistake because I felt worse than I did before.

I made it to work though....

For lunch I went to this cute little park/lake down the road from my office.  I think it's going to be a new thing that I do every day.  It was SO beautiful outside and I just sat in the grass and read my book.
I love days like that!  It took me back to my days at Alabama when we would go and sit on the quad and read.
They have geese and ducks there and a sidewalk that goes all the way around the lake.  There were tons of people with their kids and dogs just hanging out.   For a second I wished I had a kid or a dog there to play with.... but then I watched a dog start to chase the geese and it's owner run after it and I saw a kid throw a fit when it was time for her to leave..... after that, I was glad it was just me :)
I wish I would have had my camera.

To top off my great lunch, I stopped by Pier 1 on my way back to the office.  They have the curtains there that I want to get for my room.  I've been waiting on them to go on sale and today there were!
It wasn't the best sale ever, but they were cheaper.  I need 2 panels so I bought one today.  I got a coupon to fill out a survey and get $5 off my next purchase.  So my plan is to go back next week (while they are still on sale) and get the other panel I need.  I already filled the survey out and it was legit.  Yea!

These aren't the best pictures, but here they are.... my friend at work looked at me like I was crazy when I was taking these.  I told him to please just ignore me.  

This is the picture that was on the outside of the package.

They are chocolate brown and I love them!

I have another lingerie shower tonight and my boss just told me to go home since we aren't busy.... I'm not arguing and I'm leaving before anyone changes their mind :)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Did you hide the other curtain panel behind all the others? It might not be there next week if you didn't. My great nephew, when he was 3, hid a book he wanted under everything else on the shelf. It might work! Is that legal? It's hiding not stealing!