Thursday, April 23, 2009

A little too far???

Our front desk girl at work is off all week, so I am sitting at her desk until she gets back.  Well on Monday, I found this in one of her drawers:
Except that instead of just the first season, it was all 3 seasons.  (Well I thought it was all three.  We are missing the last DVD.  But I guess it's ok because we all know how it ends, right?)  I know what you are thinking.... "no, you did not watch them."  And, yes I did!  And I loved it! haha!  This came out my freshman year of college and we used to make it a weekly event to meet in our dorm room and watch "The Newlyweds."  This is when my love for Jessica Simpson first came about.

I really don't love, love her.  I know she and her family basically gave up everything they said they believed in (Her dad was a youth minister and professor at DBU-where I went to school) and just turned all Hollywood.  But I don't care.  I like her.  
Side Note:  I really do care that she just sacrificed her beliefs for her career.  I want to win her back to the Lord :)  And I'm really sad she and Nick aren't together anymore.

I sucked my friend Christine into watching them with me.  Although it really didn't take much but a simple offer and she was in.  As we watched all day yesterday and Tuesday, we really began to get emotionally involved (This could probably go without saying, but work has been really slow this week!).  That's why I hate reality t.v.  And anytime I hear about a married couple splitting up, it breaks my heart.  So I felt the same pain for Nick and Jess.  

I called Christine yesterday.  She told me that before she and her husband ate dinner she prayed.  Then she went on to tell me that she prayed Nick and Jessica would get back together.  And the sad thing is, she wasn't kidding.  She was serious.  And in my heart, I agreed with her. We decided it was ok since no other marriages would have to be broken in order for it to happen.
I've been calling Christine "Jessica Simpson" and teasing that I'm going to do a page for Jessica Simpson in the office today.  But I just don't have the guts.

So anyways, now you know one thing on my prayer list.  Something tells me after this post, my name might be on several of yours :)  
All I'm saying is that when Nick and Jess get back together, don't all y'all come to me with your prayer request!

P.S.  I'm sorry if you feel like you just wasted your life reading this.
P.S.S.  Another girl from work has the complete series and is bringing us the last DVD.  Woo hoo!




  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAH The funny thing is I have the WHOLE set too! I loved watching that show.

PS I hate reality shows for the same reason---it breaks my heart

christyfitts said...

Haha! I have the complete set too. I loved it while it lasted...