Monday, April 06, 2009

It's almost over....

Cassie had her prom this weekend.... from what she said it was a lot of fun and everything turned out great.  As promised, here are the pics......

Cass and her group
Cass and Mallory (Her best friend)
She looked gorgeous!  And not just because I did her hair and makeup!
Cass and David (Her date/boyfriend)

If any of you were a fly on the wall at our house while Cass was getting ready, I'm sure it's a sight to see.  It is always mad chaos and we are always running behind.  We are so different in the fact that I take my time whether I have it to take or not.  She gets more stressed if she is running late.  

So I fix her hair, she likes it, but I don't.  I start to take it down, while she yells at me and threatens me.  Then I begin to threaten her if she doesn't keep her head still and let me finish and if she doesn't stop telling me to hurry up.  She complains that I'm hurting her and I tell her it's her own fault for moving so much.  I finish her make-up and she looks in the mirror asking me if I'm serious.  I tell her yes, I'm serious.  It looks great!  And I tell her if she doesn't think so then I guess she just doesn't know what great looks like.  She puts the double sided tape on in the wrong place so I tear it off without thinking that it would probably rip off a layer of skin with it.  She screams.  Really loud.  And tells me I did it on purpose.  I tell her, "yes, because I love to hear you yell like that."  Mom walks in to tell us her date is outside and can probably hear all the yelling.  Her date gets inside and she puts her dress on while I am putting her shoes on her at the same time.  Her date sits in the living room while my dad is left to entertain him.  My dad asks him if he knows what he is getting himself into.  Mom puts her jewelry on her and grabs the nail polish to paint her toenails since she didn't have time to get them done before.  She runs around looking for her purse and everything that goes in it while trying not to step on her dress or mess up her toes.  I follow her with a blush brush and lipstick trying to get the last minute touch ups.  We all look in the mirror and tell her she looks amazing!  We ask her one more time if she has everything she needs.  She says yes and goes to meet her date.  And it's suddenly like the chaos just never even happened!

.....then she calls a few minutes later to tell us she forgot something!

Sisters..... can't live with them, can't live without them!



1 comment:

Maggie said...

It's so crazy how old we are all getting and then how old our siblings are! Cassie looked beautiful. I love her haircut...I need to take her with me next time I get my haircut! Are you moved yet? I want to come see when you get settled!