Monday, April 06, 2009

Weekend Review.

I did a lot this weekend, but nothing way exciting.  Friday I went to Children's to Volunteer, babysat, got Cass ready for prom, and then stayed home and watched Fireproof (It was good.  A little forced at times, but great overall message).  Saturday I went and watched Kaley in her first dance competition (those parents don't play!  There was a four year old that could have made a varsity cheerleading squad.  And I'm not exaggerating at all!) and then went and babysat all Saturday night.

I babysat for a friend from church.  She has four precious foster kids, ages 2, 3, 4, and 5 (And 2 of her own)!  And they are all real siblings.  I love those kids!  Say a prayer for them today.  They are in court to figure out what the future of the kids will be.  I thought I could have foster kids one day.  And that I would be fine if they had to leave after I had them.  After being around these babies for such a short time, I really don't think there is any way I could do it.  I know God will take care of them, but it will be so hard if they are sent back with their mom.

I was talking with some friends the other day about being single and all that jazz...... after talking with them and having a few revelations of my own, I've decided that I want to make sure I'm living these years of singleness to the fullest.  I have learned a lot of the past few years, the biggest thing being, I'll never have the freedom I have now once I get married and have kids.  So I don't want to be one of those people who sit around and sulk because I'm not married yet.  I want to enjoy the place where God has me right now.  

If any of you married people have anything to say about this, I would love to hear it!  

On a different note though, it would be nice to have a husband to do all my tax stuff!  I hate it!  And maybe to go and get my oil changed in my car.  And to move all my stuff when I finally move----> of course I would tell him where the boxes go :)

 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Enjoy the freedom! I mean I love my husband but I hate cooking even when I am not hungry!  As for getting your oil changed...I still have to do that!!! Or my car would blow up waiting on Patrick to get around to it!!! As for moving...a boyfriend will put the box where you tell him a husband will put it where it is convenient for him! It is sad but true! So I will repeat...enjoy your freedom!