Monday, March 23, 2009

Disappointed

I had a dream last night that I won free airline tickets.

I was so bummed when I woke up this morning and realized it was a dream.  

In my dream I had already decided where I was going and everything.  Such a let down!

Another disappointment....when I walked in the bathroom this morning at work and realized my middle button of my shirt was completely unbuttoned, showing much more than you want to show in the office.  Actually much more than I want to show anywhere!  I have no idea how long it had been like that.  The sad thing is that I'm no longer surprised when stuff like this happens to me.  I just buttoned it up, shook my head, and walked back out.  

One thing I'm not disappointed about is something new I'll be doing at Children's Hospital now.  I've mentioned before that I volunteer there once a week.  Well the opportunity came up for me to be what they call a "Volunteer Coordinator." 

Once a month they have "Fun Night at the Harbor" (The Harbor center is a building that was built to give kids in the hospital, or their families, something to do if they have to stay in the hospital for long periods of time.  They have a basketball court, a game room, karaoke, a gym, and some other fun stuff for them).  Well the current coordinators are in med school so they are moving to do their rotations in May.  I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and so now I'm getting to take over the coordinator position (it's still volunteer, FYI).
I went last night to hang out with them and learn what all goes on.  I had so much fun and can't wait to get started!
 
I have to finish filling out my tax forms now :(

P.S.  This weekend I painted an armoire for my room when I move.  I will get before and after pics up soon!  It looks so good!  And the best part...It was free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

This morning on GMA, the employment expert was talking about how volunteer positions can help you with future job opportunities. Make sure you keep a list of all of your responsibilities while volunteering and add them to your resume. They are just as important as any other job responsibility. Just thought I would pass on that tidbit of info and encourage you as you volunteer in such a great way! God bless you!