Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I have got to get more organized.  

The key ingredient for this is I have to slow down and figure out how not to be as busy as I am now.  

Most people seem clean on the outside, but if you were to open drawers or closets you would find chaos.  Well my problem is I am organized (for the most part) in all the places you don't see, but I need to get control of a few things.  I just don't have time to.  

This weekend is it!  I have a few things I have to do, but I'm making the time.

I started today with my check book.  I'm awful about writing things down and I just depend on the internet when it comes to checking my account.  But I went to the bank and got a transaction register the other day.  Hopefully it will make me more aware of my spending and I will save more money.  We will see how it goes!

Tonight I'm going to wash clothes.  That should take care of the problem with my room :)

My car isn't that bad right now.  But it could use a little attention.

I'm getting ready to clean off my desk at work.  It's in desperate need of dusting.  

Also, in regards to the second paragraph of this post, problem is fixed!  Yeah!  My life is now a little easier.

One last thing.... I am in a bible study where we only meet once a month.  This month we are supposed to read a book.  It can be any kind of book (Christian book, of course.), we just have to read it.  

Ever since the movie "The End of the Spear" came out, I sparked an interest in Elizabeth Elliott.  Something about going to live with the tribe that killed your husband was intriguing to me.  I have wanted for a long time to read something by her.  I remembered a friend telling me something she read once in one of her books.  So I found out the name of the book.  It's called "Passion & Purity." I got on Amazon today to see what it was about and I was a little disappointed.  It's a basically a book for singles.  
To be honest, I'm finally at a place in my life where I am content with my facebook relationship status.  There are days that I think it would be nice to have a boyfriend (i.e.  when I have to pay for my own dinner.  ha! jk!), but I'm excited about where I have been and where I am going.  So I looked some more and found another one she wrote for her daughter called "Let Me Be a Woman."
I think I might go with it.  We'll see.  It looks like I will be making a trip to BAM or the Christian book store tonight.

P.S.  I am working late today and their is obviously someone else in the building because there is a little girl that keeps riding past my desk on a razor scooter (we have several of these around our office and you never know who will be riding around on them).  It's making me nervous.  She just stopped and starred at me for a good 30 seconds.  I smiled and she just stood there.  I'm really good with kids, but that was awkward.

No comments: