Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend Review.

This weekend was busy, but a lot of fun.

Friday started off with my normal routine of volunteering at Children's from 8-12.  After that I went to get some decorations and food for the Linger shower we were having that night.  Luckily, I wasn't having to plan that much of it.  

Here are some pics of the shower...

Yummy Cake from Edgars!

Mexican Fiesta

A vase I borrowed from my grandmother.  The next day it rolled out of the back of my car and splattered all over the driveway. Fantastic!
"All the Single Ladies.."  Mallory, Charli, and Me
Joy (The Bride) after the "Panty Poem"---Such a cute game!  Please notice the awesome Granny Panties on the far right!  
Group Picture
After the shower, I had to drive about 25 minutes away to a D-NOW I was helping lead.  I was already exhausted and it was time change weekend.... still not sure why they would plan a DNOW on time change weekend!  The whole way there I really had to pray that God would put my heart in the right place.  I just was not in it.  It was a very last min. thing and I wasn't going to be able to stay then entire time because of other things I already had going on. 
It ended up being a blessing and the girls were great!  I stayed there until 2 on Saturday and then headed to babysit.

Sunday afternoon we worked on our mission projects.  My group went to a single mom's house who lost her husband about 2 years ago.  She was in the bed with pneumonia but we got to hang out with her sweet kids while we worked.  
I really realized how much I take for granted.  I meant to take a before and after pic, but I forgot.  These are all I took.




No comments: